Tuesday 1 May 2012

Dinner 'Oot' or 'Aout'

Today I had a lesson in 'Australian' - apparently my husband's hobby is not 'birding' it is 'biiiurding' and when I injured myself today at work and needed a plaster it isn't that either it is a band-aid. OK, that still didn't change the fact that I needed one to prevent me form bleeding all over the floor! I needed an SHO (type of level of doctor for all those non medicals) but they are not SHO's they are RMO's no wonder no-one knew who I wanted! Despite the two nations divided by a common language scenario at work it was good to be able to actually talk to real pregnant or new mums and cuddle babies again. It just proves to me I love my job and calling.
So we had to have dinner Oot tonight I decided as I not only had to learn my craft I have to learn a new language. So we decided to risk it and have dinner at Eastpoint and guess what..... it didn't rain!!!!

Here are some of the pics I snapped on my phone over dinner.

Our view from our dinner table the small white buildings are in the city of Darwin so that is looking at Darwin's CBD.

This photo does not do him justice but this rather impressive lizard basked on a rock for but just as I snapped him on it he started to run away across the road so only got this reflective image. Will try do better next time.


Dom's habitual stance!



The three monkey's!

We really enjoy eating outside at sunset. We are in the process of making a home video of our house so keep reading and please add you t'penny thoughts. We love reading your comments on our blog.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea to do a video of the house! What did you do to yourself, Tish? It was obviously quite nasty. How lovely the three monkeys look. Hosepipe ban still on - but very bad floods in England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then we'll keep adding them! xx

    ReplyDelete