Thursday 10 May 2012

ItsThursday so its Knuckey Lagoons

Cameron and I are settling into a nice routine on a Thursday - we drop Xanthe and Hamish off at school and then head off to Knuckey Lagoons. We go to just one of the three sites because I can park the car and walk about 40 foot to a picnic bench and Cameron plays with his toys and I go birding.
There was one slight glitch today in that I managed to forget the camera - but having been without pictures on Sunday I decided to go back home and pick it up and start again. It was certainly worth while as the place was buzzing, probably as it was a bit cooler and completely overcast.
Managed to get some cracking photos today - a couple of which I have sent to Jo to see if she can tweak them, in particular get rid of some twigs that were in the way.
I am still getting the hang of how to use the zoom on the telescope and keep the camera in focus so some of the distant shots are of mixed quality.
For example:

These two Paperbark Flycatchers are very poor and yet..


these Figbirds and these


Torresian Pied Imperial Pigeons are not too bad.

My two favourite shots are

Sacred Kingfisher


Green Pygmy Goose.


Tomorrow is Hamish's birthday, some great looking parcels and a superb cake!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, you're seeing some fantastic birds! Our favourite in this batch is the sacred kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hamish today!

    ReplyDelete