Monday 7 May 2012

No pain no gain

Public holiday over here today so no school for the children. I used the opportunity and headed off to Buffalo Creek again to try and get some more birdy photos. Complete cock up on my part.
Firstly read the wrong tide table (have since deleted April and replaced with May) which meant that the tide was massive and so could not go along the beach and get to the wader roost so decided to head off into part of the forest / scrub land. It was all going great when I came across a group of Galah, Red-winged Parrots and Rainbow Lorikeets all feeding happily. Photo opps me thinks, set up the tripod, get the camera out but discover have left the telescope in the car - bugger or words to that effect.
So no pictures today!
Home I came and the big news is.....


He is very determined as witnessed by his shins...


To say they were bruised would be a slight understatement.

Oh yes, finally got a picture of our temporary resident who can be found hanging out (literally in the case of its tail) in our aircon unit in the lounge - a "grey dab" as per East Point lizard pix. NOT a gecko as we were informed it would be!



3 comments:

  1. Well done, Hamish! Your legs must be sore. Have you named your temporary visitor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hamish, amazing bruises. But you looked great in the photos, well done. Wouldn't want to come across your visitor in the dark if I didn't know he was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've posted my birthday blog at last!

    ReplyDelete