Thursday 26 April 2012

Orientating Tish

Well folks I suppose today was officially my first day at work although today and tomorrow are two days of orientation so although important I don't really count them as we got to wear our civvies. Uniform start day of work is on Monday and I will give you a spoiler for Monday... I will just say there are bits of my anatomy that have not seen the light of day for quite some time and will be revealed on uniform day!
Orientation today was at the Charles Darwin University and what a lovely university it looks, it has beautiful grounds and I would have liked the opportunity to have a little more time to walk around. The grounds are open so that could be an option for a future date.
I met some of the nurses that start on the wards soon but as of yet no new midwives, although I'm not sure if there are any in this months orientation.
I got to ride my scooter to 'school' today and rode it in the rush hour so feel very proud of myself, still learning how to go around corners a bit more smoothly as sometimes it is still a little wobbly as when you slow down and loose the power you are not as stable on two wheels as you are on four!
Anyway thanks for all the well wishes for my first day and hope all you fellow midwives are flying the flag for our profession on International Day of the Midwife on the 5th May 2012, its exciting as I truly am an international midwife!
http://www.internationalmidwives.org/Whatwedo/InternationalDayoftheMidwife/InternationalDayoftheMidwife2012/tabid/1094/Default.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Well done, International Midwife! Glad it went OK. You must be looking forward to actually delivering babies! Love from all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must get Doms to take a photo of you in this uniform - the imagination is boggling! Remembering there were photos of you in the pool last week I have to think your description isn't quite right?!

    Well done on the rush hour Rose! xx

    ReplyDelete