Friday 21 December 2012

Return of the trampoline...

During the October 2011 school holidays Tish and I took down our trampoline in preparation for our move, it did not go entirely to plan and the end result was a trip to hospital for me as I managed to slice through my right thumb leaving me with one tasteful scar..
Today fourteen months later saw its return...
We had started to put it together a week or so ago but we realised that we didn't have any rope to anchor it down so we had left it in the garage.
Today I remembered to buy some rope on the way back from swimming this morning so once Tish had left for work this afternoon I headed back to the garage to complete the task.
The last bits to be done were adding the padded skirt over the springs and putting up the sides, both of which are quite fiddly.
I had a very pleasant surprise when I opened the Pickfords box labelled "Trampoline Bits Only" not only were all the parts that I anticipated in there but a couple of bonus items - bike helmets, tennis rackets and...
our Scalextric set, a bonus "christmas present". In Darwin Scalextrics was very popular so hopefully the local toy shop in Cairns will be the same!
Anyway two hours after starting it was complete, safely tied to the lychee tree and the house and the children took over....





The positioning was quite careful as they are in the part of the garden that gets the most shade in the afternoon!









2 comments:

  1. Yay! I wanna go when I'm out next. So they didn't pinch the Scalectrix after all, good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were obviously very pleased to see it again!

    ReplyDelete