Wednesday 27 March 2013

No crocs...

Yesterdays walk was unsuccessful from the point of view of finding our friendly local saltie but was still very enjoyable and had the added bonus of nice views of a Little Kingfisher.
Today I went up on to the Tablelands for a couple of hours this morning. My main target was White-Browed Robin but unfortunately the site I went too was occupied by a group of campers who looked shall we say slightly less than salubrious so I decided discretion was the better part of valour and went elsewhere.
I had a pleasant morning birding down the access track to Mareeba Wetlands with several year and State ticks.
Pale Headed Rosella


Red-Backed Fairywren





Tomorrow is the last day of term and Tish has just two more shifts and then we are all off for two weeks holiday!




1 comment: