Sunday 24 March 2013

Busy weekend Part I - the warm up....

It has been a manic weekend and as I type these at 6.30pm with a cold one next to me I am eyeing up the bed.....
The weather demons have decided that whilst we aren't going to have a proper wet season they will choose the most unhelpful weekend to turn the taps on - it has rained for the last three days and Saturday was no different it hissed down.
It was Tish's last antenatal class in the morning which as it was also Xanthe's last art class (and a double session at that) meant that I took Tish in for 0715, came home and got ready to take Xanthe to Kuranda for her class. Now Kuranda for those of you who don't know the area (look it up on Google Earth / Maps) is at the top of a windy 10km hill that has a bit of a reputation of being dodgy in the dry and horrendous in the wet. Normally I take her up for 11am start and the boys have a play in the local park but given that today not only was her session three hours rather than 1.5 AND it was raining so hard you could not see more than 15m ahead I decided that three hours in the rain was a bit steep so I had to go up and down the hill twice.
On each of the runs I had close encounters of the loosing bodily function kind, firstly a low loader misjudged the corner and got stuck which meant that we were in stationary traffic with a bunch of nutters trying to speed down the hill, how they missed us I don't know (my eyes were shut probably!); the second time a fire engine on its flashing lights got another corner wrong and ended up on my side of the road coming towards me at an alarming rate of knots but again it missed us...
After collecting Tish we were due to have a BBQ but due to the fact that the BBQ broke that morning we had a grill BQ - food just does not taste the same but hey.
The highlight of the day though was we finally got to see Xanthe's sculpture...





1 comment:

  1. I just hope that isn't modelled on anyone in particular

    ReplyDelete