Friday 8 February 2013

There are beasts in that there forest...

Today in between preparing for a job interview on Monday and writing a couple of job applications I went for a walk round Cattana Wetlands.
I was only out for an hour or so and spent most of the time on the boardwalk through the rainforest section hoping to see the Fairy Gerygone and get a decent picture. I failed completely and got only brief views of what were probably a couple of Gerygone as they flew off.
As is always the case though there was plenty to see with good numbers and variety of butterflies including several male Ulysses Swallowtails but as the forest was dark and they were very fast moving I got nothing other than out of focus blurs.
I was in the process of walking back when I heard something large moving through the undergrowth and stood still to see what emerged. I was treated to superb views of this Lace Monitor hugging a tre and pretending it was not there..



It did eventually realise that it had not fooled me and moved off into the forest






2 comments:

  1. We didn't know they huhhed trees! It looks quite big

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't see the tree hugger until I opened the pix up properly. Bloody hell! What a spot

    ReplyDelete