Tuesday 9 October 2012

Change of plans...

We had a change of plans today and the children much to their disgust went off to school as Tish, Jo and myself caught up with the more mundane things in life - buying toothpaste, library books and getting the pool water checked.
Having had a full morning of such delights, culminating in a nice burger at the Coffee Club on the Waterfront we headed home to add 15kg of salt and 2kg of bicarb to the pool prior to the children getting in after school.
Jo and Tish both settled down to read for a while and I checked the tide tables and decided to head off to Buffalo Creek for an hour before I collected the children just to see if the Chestnut Rail would appear.
As this is a secretive bird I decided not to bother with the decent camera and took our old one along but left it in the car. Big mistake as I had the best views I have ever had of this bird resulting in a mad dash back through the mangroves and across a rather unstable metal bar that acts as a bridge.
The resulting shots whilst not brilliant are far better than my previous attempts...




Once I had collected the kids we descended on the pool for a couple of hours - Jo's blog has all the pictures!



1 comment: