Wednesday 29 August 2012

Midweek update

We are settling in to the new school routine now which is that Cameron goes in all day each Monday and Tuesday and then for every Wednesday morning. With Tish's rota this week I had not done any housework as she was off on Monday and Tuesday so did not want to waste time doing housework then. I had saved it all up for Wednesday morning - plus I had to be home as the pool guy was coming to look at what needs to be done (both pumps gone and the leaks are actually us over filling the pool and the water is getting into the spa air bleeds and leaking out that way so nothing to be concerned about). I was most of the way through the cleaning when got a call from the school to say Cameron bless him had vomited everywhere - needless to say cleaning abandoned and youngest son collected!
Within a couple of hours Tish was home - she had done all her home visits and was not feeling too brilliant herself. So by midday the two invalids were both asleep (I think that in all honesty Tish was probably overly tired from her night shifts which coupled with hot and humid days has meant she has not slept well for several days).
I decided ti use this opportunity and headed off the Leanyer Swamp for a couple of hours before picking up Hamish - Xanthe is doing some extra work after school for an inter school competition called the Tournament of Minds (she is one of seven Wulagi students selected by the teachers to represent the school).
I was not expecting too much as it was midday and the days are getting hotter but as the tide was right (high tides mean I can't get to the best bits as it is a tidal mangrove swamp) I thought I would try and see.
I was very pleasantly surprised and got some semi decent pictures of the male Mangrove Golden Whistler..

At the moment there are large numbers of Brolga in the area - it is great to be out birding and hear cranes calling away. They are not easy to get decent pictures of but I do see them flying over quite regularly
Thats all folks as they say. Will probably have a quiet weekend as Cameron not well and Tish back on nights again - considering she is self rostering I think something has gone wrong in the planning stage!






2 comments:

  1. Hope both are better. Pics of golden whistler fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto re Cameron & Tish - hopefully Tish just overtired. I do get so tired sometimes I just feel sick as well, however hard one tries you can't do without sleep indefinitely! Glad pool leaks aren't. Take it pumps will be fixed ok shortly? I fly out 4 weeks tomorrow, getting worried about this!

    ReplyDelete