Monday 2 July 2012

Spot the birdie....

I like quizzes so here is the next one; a few days ago just before it got dark an adult Nankeen Night Heron flew out of one of the palms in our garden (useless stat of the day - garden list now 37) I did not get a picture so ever since have been looking without success to see if I could refind it.
Today I got lucky, this is the clump of palms it is in, can you see it? [answer tomorrow]
It is sort of visible in this shot......but more visible in the next one..

and really easy in this one...

Having done the cryptic ones I shall put a couple of the better shots of the bird.




First thing this morning I went over to Knuckey to see if what was around, mainly as it turned out the usual suspects but I did manage to get a couple of nice shots of a Nankeen Kestrel and a Blue-faced Honeyeater...





Tomorrow we are off to Litchfield again.





2 comments:

  1. Fancy having palm trees in your garden, let alone a nankeen night heron! We find it all very hard to believe! First shot we couldn't see it at all and then it got clearer and clearer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the honeyeater. Is the heron thing fractionally right of centre, almost halfway up the shot, to the left of the trunk behind that thin branch? If not then not got a clue - you can't really zoom in because the shot isn't high enough resolution.

    ReplyDelete