Friday 20 July 2012

Knuckey kookaburra

Finaly got some semi decent shots of one of the iconic Australian birds, namely the Blue-winged Kookaburra.
We went out early this morning after Tish had got home to give her a chance to get to sleep as she is on nights again tonight. Unfortunately I think she was overly tired and managed to get only a few hours sleep but luckily tonight is her last night shift for a while.
It was nice and cool at Knuckey today and the children had a great time running around and playing..

much to the amusement of the local cattle...

Here are the best of this very impressive kingfisher..




Have deliberately loaded small versions of the images - if you click on them they should be opened up OK but have learnt that there is a limit to how much storage space I have when uploading images to the blog so by having smaller versions this should help with this issue. Let me know if the pictures are still OK

4 comments:

  1. Pics came out fine. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pic 3 isn't opening, the rest do fine. Never knew a kookaburra was a kingfisher (tho I suppose the shape does give it away) - shall be most disappointed if I don't see one of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I double click on the first image they all come up along the bottom and allow me to scroll through them.
      They can be quite hard to find at times but as you will be over here as we are starting to come into the wet they may be a bit easier

      Delete
    2. That's what I was doing - but the 1st kookaburra appears on the bottom scroll bar but won't go full size. Shall try & work through some of my Ugie & Ythan shots next couple of days (round night shifts) - if there's time once I've also attended the diabetic clinic, bought beds, mattresses & sofas at IKEA & then spent a day or so assembling flat packs at the cottage that is.

      Delete