Tuesday 11 September 2012

Arty shot

Most of the time I am trying to get photos that show the whole bird - sometimes they are small as have not bought the digiscoping kit with me - but occasionally I go for the more arty shot. These pictures from a few days ago definitely belong in the second category.
The bird in question is a Pacific Reef Heron. As its name suggests these are a coastal species and come in two colour morphs, the white morph that looks superficially like a little egret and the dark morph which is a dark slatey grey.
These couple of shots are of a dark morph that played peekaboo with me whilst I was watching a couple of distant Chestnut Rails.


There were literally hundreds of small fish swimming in the shallows so I am sure it is a very well fed individual.

A vital update for forthcoming visitors - our pool pumps have been replaced today and some strong chemicals added to the water. We have run the pumps and cleaned the filters and the pool is getting better, the pool guy will return tomorrow and the pool will be given a good clean and should be up and running again by the end of the day, I will post a before and after shot on tomorrows blog so watch this space!!



1 comment: