Thursday 2 May 2013

Aerial tag..

I went for a quick walk around Cattana this morning - dodging the showers caused by the down graded ex Tropical Storm Zane.
Whilst winter is not the busiest time of year there is always something worth watching.
Along the southern edge of the site the drongos were kicking up an awful racket so I hung around to see if I could see what the cause of the noise was. It soon became clear that there was a game of aerial tag going on...


The bird in the lead is a Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike with a small lizard in its beak which it either stole from the Spangled Drongo chasing it or the Drongo is trying to steal it from him!
They did eventually settle down but were very jumpy and gave few chances for a decent picture
Eventually one of the immature birds did allow me to get a bit closer and I managed a couple of half decent shots









2 comments: