Monday 21 October 2013

Pumps, fruit and toads...

It has been a rather busy few days in the Funnell household. The long running saga of our washing machine continues on.....
this is the offending piece - the water drain pump; I have found a replacement one and am now waiting for it to be delivered sometime next week - until then I am trotting next door and using Allan and Jens machine!
As the season changes from spring to summer we are starting to get the first of the local windfall
these Mangos will be perfect after a couple of days rippening in the sun.
Continuing the food theme my attempt at Toad in the Hole last night
I really must practise my batter mix...

On a serious note our thoughts go out to friends in NSW who are caught up in what is rapidly becoming one of the worst fires since the 50s - lets hope the weather is not as bad as is forecast and some control can be bought to the situation - but with one fire alone burning along a 300km front it could be a long hard battle.






3 comments:

  1. Really awful about the fires.
    Can't see any toads, which I suppose is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't either! Mangos look good. Hope your friends are ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mangoes mmmmmmmmmm. I'm going to be arriving next year at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete