Tuesday 25 June 2013

Super Moon Weekend

Its the first week of the school hols and Tish is off this week as well which is great.
We have been saying for the last few weeks it will be nice to have a relaxing time but in true Funnell style we have a massively busy week ahead.
Over the weekend we went round to friends who live south of Cairns - Pat took me out birding and Annelies and Tish were at home with the children - its their turn next and a morning of sitting drinking coffee watching the world go by is on the cards I think.
This weekend was also the supermoon weekend. On Sunday we had cloud so was not able to take any pictures but last night was clear (and decidedly cold) so I tried again.
The pictures whilst OK were not as good as I hoped - need to research how to take decent moon shots.
Here are my best two from over night

I then tried again this morning and took these


On the theme of slightly more artistic shots rather than in your face birds this is one of my favourites from Sunday





We took the children to Muddys Play Park yesterday but wandering around with a camera in an area full of children is not really on!!





4 comments:

  1. We had cloud, so views of moon were not great. Hope you all enjoy your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think we saw it but it was cloudy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trick is a tripod and a long exposure

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw what is supermoon? Whatever it is, I can definitely say I missed it!

    ReplyDelete